I did some research and tried out this route today as I train for the Peachtree. It is by far the best, most rewarding, most beautiful 6.2 miles I have ever run.
*Park at First United Methodist Parking lot (56 Wittlock Ave, Marietta)
*Begin at the stop sign on Hansell St in the First United Methodist Church Parking lot.
1.Head east on Hansell St NW toward North Marietta Pkwy NW
2. Turn left at North Marietta Pkwy NW
3. Turn left at Polk St
4. Turn right at Locust St
5. Turn right at Maple Ave
6. Turn left at Kennesaw Ave
7. Slight left at Old U.S. 41 NW
8. Turn left at Stilesboro Rd
9. Turn left at Kennesaw Mountain Dr and run the loop in the parking lot.
0.1 mi (3.1 mi – to Kennesaw Mountain parking lot)
10. Loop back, northeast on Kennesaw Mountain Dr toward Stilesboro Rd
11. Turn right at Stilesboro Rd
12. Turn right at Old U.S. 41 NW
13. Slight right at Kennesaw Ave
14. Turn right at Maple Ave
15. Turn left at Locust St
16. Turn left at Polk St
17. Turn right at North Marietta Pkwy NW
18. Turn right at Hansell St NW
6.2 mi – to the stop sign on Hansell St in the First United Methodist parking lot.